Welcome to the official Linda Dean Campbell website!
Linda Dean Campbell first became involved with politics as an environmental activist who successfully represented Methuen in a two-year running fight to prevent the construction of a massive gas/coal fired electrical generation plant on the Merrimack River on the Methuen / Dracut border. As a result of this very successful endeavor, she was encouraged by her neighbors to run for City Council where she topped the ticket and served with distinction for six years. Similarly, because of her record of accomplishments on City Council, she was encouraged by her community to run for State Representative when the seat opened up.
Read the Final FY16 Budget Press Release
Position in the Office of State Representative Linda Dean Campbell, 15th Essex District (Methuen and Haverhill)
Primary Responsibility: Director of Community Outreach and Communications
- Meet with constituents and lobbyists regarding concerns and pending legislation;
- Become an expert on matters pertaining to district economic development including public - private partnerships, zoning initiatives, and available state grants;
- Represent the State Representative at community meetings and legislative meetings on all matter of local and state policy;
- Represent the State Representative at community events in many different capacities;
- Manage, update and grow the Representative’s social media footprint on Facebook/web/and through a monthly newsletter;
- Develop strong relationships with local media contacts, draft press releases;
- Assist constituents with state and federal governmental services.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
- Becoming competent in drafting, filing, and tracking budget amendments and legislation;
- Attending legislative briefings, and becoming knowledgeable of the Representative’s legislative and policy priorities.
This position requires at least a Bachelor’s degree and the candidate must have strong research, writing, organizational and oral communication skills. The right candidate will be comfortable interacting in a confident and professional manner with a variety of elected officials, agency directors, legislative staff, business executives, constituents and lobbyists.
This position will be based primarily in the district, which includes Methuen and Haverhill Massachusetts, but requires the ability to travel to the State House in Boston routinely and to travel throughout the Merrimack Valley. Dependable transportation is required as well as the ability to attend evening community meetings.
To apply, please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org This is a full time position that includes a substantial benefit package.