Methuen Rotary Reconstruction Project Updates
Here you can find regular updates about the ongoing Methuen Rotary Project. The Project began in July 2014 and is expected to be completed in Spring 2018.
Visit http://methuenrotary.mhd.state.ma.us to sign up for Methuen Rotary Reconstruction Project updates to keep current on traffic management plans and other important updates.
What's Being Done?
MassDOT is reconstructing the I-93 Exit 46 interchange at Routes 110 and 113 in Methuen, replacing the existing rotary with a partial cloverleaf interchange. The project will alleviate traffic congestion and improve safety. Key elements of the project include:
- building new I-93 southbound on-ramp and off-ramp to a realigned Route 110/113;
- realigning two existing off-ramps;
- constructing new signalized intersections east and west of the interchange;
- constructing two noise barriers; and
- adding bicycle lanes and sidewalks for improved access.
April 2016 Project Update from MassDOT
METHUEN – INTERCHANGE RECONSTRUCTION ON INTERSTATE 93 AT ROUTES 110 AND 113, METHUEN ROTARY
During the month of April, the following activities will continue on the I-93 at Routes 110 and 113 Interchange Reconstruction – Methuen Rotary project:
- Install catch basins, manholes and pipe at the existing and new ramps at I-93 north- and southbound
- Relocate and replace utilities within the existing rotary
- Work on utilities on Routes 110 and 113 east and west of the rotary
- Install foundations for overhead sign supports
- Install foundations for new traffic signal mast arms and roadway lighting
- Install traffic signal mast arms and roadway lighting poles
- Form and place concrete deck for the west section of the I-93 bridge over the relocated Route 110/113
- Pave sections of Route 110/113 east of the rotary and the new I-93 southbound off-ramp
- Set precast barrier sections at new I-93 southbound on-ramp
PROJECT WORK HOURS:
- For daytime work on I-93 – 5:30 am to 5:30 pm
- For nighttime work on I-93 – 8:00 pm to 5:00 am
- For daytime work on local roads – 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
EXPECTED LANE CLOSURES:
- Single lane closures on I-93 northbound from 5:30 am to 2:00 pm
- Single lane closures on I-93 southbound from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Double lane closures on I-93 southbound from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am
- Single lane closures on local roads from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm